Sunday, November 29, 2009

Jets v. Panthers Postgame

Jets- 17
Panthers- 6

Jets: 5-6

Again, I am going to keep the postgame writeup short as I missed most of the game because I was on the train back to school and it's tough to do a detailed writeup after watching the play by play on a blackberry.  A few players I want to point out:

  • Kerry Rhodes responded from is benching and came up with 2 interceptions.  The Jets pressure was able to make Delhomme throw off his back foot and Rhodes was in the right place at the right time.  His replacement today, Eric Smith, also played a great game and led the team in tackles.  We will see who ends up starting next week. 
  • Darelle Revis is the best cornerback in the league and he showed it again with 2 interceptions today while shutting down star receiver Steve Smith.  Revis has now shut down Randy Moss (twice), Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Terrell Owens, and Darius Heyward-Bey (just kidding).  
Those are the two standout players for me from this one and I am sure I would have had more if I had the chance to watch the game.  The Jets will play on Thursday night against the Bills to keep their slim playoff hopes alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment