Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kerry Rhodes Traded

The Jets have traded Kerry Rhodes to Arizona for a 4th round pick this year and a 7th in 2011.  My first reaction to this news was that I am not very happy that this trade was made.  Rhodes is a great talent who never seemed to be comfortable in the Rex Ryan defense.  The compensation doesn't seem to be enough for a player who is going to step right in and start.  This should open up the possibility of the Jets drafting Myron Rolle in the 3rd or so round or picking up a free agent safety like OJ Atogwe.  I would be a huge fan of picking up Atogwe but I am not sure how the final four restriction rules will play into this.  I am a bit concerned about giving up a starter on defense for unproven picks but Rhodes made too many enemies in New York and it was time for him to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment