Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sanchez Named Starter

A new era of Jets football started today as Mark Sanchez was named starter just a few months after being picked with the 4th pick in the NFL draft. As I've stated in previous posts I always thought that Sanchez would and should start. Now that the day has come and he has been named starter I have to say that I am very happy about it. Although Kellen Clemens has put in his years in the organization, and i do feel for him, he has not impressed me this year in what I have seen in games and heard from training camp. He will once again be a very serviceable second string QB.

Now onto Sanchez...

He has not convincingly earned this job through training camp. However, he has shown enough to show that he won't completely melt down as the starter for this team. He will be helped by a great offensive line which should provide more than adequate protection and give him time to make the throws. He will be thrown into the fire the first week against the Texans and Jets fans everywhere are going to hope that it will be the first of many, many, many years of him behind center.

Will Sanchez do well this year...

In my opinion Sanchez will have a sub-par year as the starting QB. The Jets record will suffer because of having a rookie QB behind center and I will be surprised if they finish with a winning record. (Official prediction will be made after the 4th preseason game) He will make mistakes and I am prepared to deal with that as long as he is able to grow and mature into a solid starting QB for many years to come. In order for the Jets to do well this year Thomas Jones and Leon Washington are going to have to put up great performances and take the pressure off the rookie QB.

No comments:

Post a Comment