Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vick, Favre, and a few Jets Notes

Brett Favre:
First, I hate writing anything about this but I want to get it out of the way. Brett Favre has returned as a member of the Minnesota Vikings. I have nothing against Favre and I still believe that it was the right move to bring him in last year as the Jets starting QB. He provided excitement to the extent that I have never seen in my years as a fan. However, Favre is ruining his legacy by going to the Minnesota Vikings. He seems to be okay with alienating the fans that made him who he is. The Green Bay fans will take a long time to forgive Brett Favre for going to their biggest rival. This feeling will only intensify if he goes into Lambeau and beats them this year. Although I have nothing against Favre, I hope he crashes and burns in Minnesota.

Mike Vick:
I am in complete agreement that Mike Vick deserves another chance in the NFL. He served almost 2 years for his crimes and now he deserves a second chance. The Eagles made the move to pick him up and he has been received with open arms by Donovan McNabb and the Eagles team. I think he will have a successful career from here on out and will manage to keep himself out of trouble.

Jets Notes:
  • Leon Washington has been offered a deal at about 5 million a year. As I have mentioned in previous posts the Jets need to sign him soon. However, they should stick to this 5 million a year number and let Leon come down to them. His demand for 6 million a year is way too much and Leon will be smart to sign a deal while his value is high.
  • The Jets are looking into trading for either Brandon Marhall or Dwayne Bowe. Either of these two guys would help improve a weak receiving core. Cotchery could be moved back to the #2 spot where he has excelled. More will come on this as we find out whether the Jets are actually pursuing or if its just a rumor.

No comments:

Post a Comment