Monday, October 26, 2009

Leon Washington

As a Jets fan we can't seem to have a week without disappointment.  Even in the 38-0 win yesterday afternoon the Jets lost Leon Washington for the season with a compound fracture in his leg.  This injury came on Leon Washington's first carry and about 20 minutes after I took the tag off the brand new jersey which I wore for the first time yesterday.  Leon Washington is one of the most electric players I have ever seen and I will miss watching him greatly for the rest of this season.  Washington is easily my favorite Jets player and I hope he will return next season with a new contract.  This will become a huge issue in the offseason as Leon denied a long term contract of 4.5 million dollars in the off-season because he was looking for around 6.  I am predicting that Leon will sign a 1-2 year deal this offseason which is heavily backloaded to protect the Jets investment. 

As a huge Leon fan, I am hoping that this isn't the last time we see him in a Jets uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment